Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Jambalaya !!!

Most people who read my blog know that I've studied in Alabaaaaaaaama! The southern accent is something that I had to deal with. It took me about 2 weeks until I could understand what my coach was telling me! Ahahaha! Lots of gestures and writing down on a little piece of paper kinda helped me in different situations.

Anyway, I wanted to show you how ''thick'' the accent can be...whether you are 4 years old or 30! I'm not sure which southern accent he has... Louisiana, Mississppi, Alabama or even the one from Texas......but he's got one! He's really cute - and talented! These days, it's quite rare that we see a Hunter Hayes who's a 4-year-old kid play the accordeon! Click ---> here <--- to enjoy the video of the lil' boy and his Jambalaya!

**

Here's an adult version of Jambalaya!!!

Goodbye Joe, me gotta go,

me oh my oh Me gotta go

pole the pirogue down the bayou

My Yvonne, the sweetest one,

me oh my oh Son of a gun,

we'll have good fun on the bayou

CHORUS:

Jambalaya, a-crawfish pie and-a file gumbo

'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio

Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-oh

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou.

Instrumental Verse (Country Fiddle solo)

Thibodeaux, Fontainbleau, the place is buzzin'

Kinfolk come to see Yvonne by the dozen

Dress in style, go hog wild, me oh my oh

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou

REPEAT CHORUS

Instrumental Verse (Country Fiddle solo)

FINAL CHORUS:Jambalaya, a-crawfish pie and-a fillet gumbo

'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio

Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-oh

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou.

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou.

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My God , comme il est "cute" ce petit gars ...... Il a de l'avenir dans le country américain c'est certain.
J'aime bien le country.
Comment fais-tu pour trouver toutes ces choses que tu nous fais partager, comme c'est amusant.
couscous