Monday, June 01, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

.
This afternoon, I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button on DVD.
.
Here's the synopsis
Benjamin Button's life begins at the close of World War I, when he is born with the body of an old man. As the years pass, however, Benjamin discovers that he is gradually becoming younger even as he grows older in experience and wisdom--a situation that informs his relationship with the lovely Daisy, who reenters his life periodically as they grow closer together in physical age.
.
WoW! what a great movie! I mean, this story is so unusual. I would compare this movie to Forrest Gump which was, and still is, a movie like no other. Tom Hanks was really awesome as Forrest Gump - well, in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Brad Pitt is quite astonishing.
.
The story, the actors and a unique love story - that's what makes this movie a classic! I would not recommend this movie to everyone. I don't want to sound pretentious or anything, but I would say that this movie would be appreciated mostly by people who love beautifully made movies - movies where the makeup , the visual effects, the costume designs and all the cinematography are a well-mixed masterpiece. It's not a movie for Jackie Chan or Steven Seagal lovers - I've warned you!!!
.
I was totally amazed at Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett's performances. They were brilliant. I also loved their accent. Benjamin Button was brought up in New Orleans and that southern accent was really charming.
.
Finally, I really loved that movie and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
.
Masterpiece: 10/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allô chérie,
Tu ne me croiras pas mais samedi, j'ai regardé deux flms avec Francis! Oui oui, deux films! Et l'un d'eux était celui-là! Je lui donne également 10/10, tant pour les effets spectaculaires des maquillages que pour la belle histoire... Ça fait changement de «Petit bonhomme» avec Tom Hanks... Mon répertoire cinématographique s'élargit!
Karine xxx

Anonymous said...

L'histoire que tu racontes n'as pas beaucoup de rapport avec le livre que je te suggère... Mais c'est la même essence... "Peau de Chagrin (Balzac)"... une superbe histoire d'amour avec une vie raccourcie...

Josée XX