Sunday, May 30, 2010

Crazy weather

Last week, we had quite a big thunderstorm - with lightning and stuff. I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to film a little bit of it. Here are the videos:


video



video


video

Late this afternoon, when I got back from Sherbrooke, I thought the weather was a bit foggy. I was wondering when the storm was going to hit, but my parents made me realize that it was not really foggy, but rather smoky.
.
We actually have smoke and the smell that goes with it coming from up north... Those forest fires are ravaging near LaTuque which is a little bit more than 4 hours away from here. This smell is very bad and it's actually killing my throat (if I stay outside too long). I can't imagine people in La Tuque, Shawinigan, Trois-Rivières or Québec who probably have to smell a stronger smoke than we are here. Let's pray from some rain up there, 'coz this is quite alarming.


Here are a couple of pictures I took when I got home earlier.

No comments: