Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Tourist

Friday, straight after work, I drove to Sherbrooke, had some sushi and then I went to the movie theater.  Awesome! the movie I wanted to see is in English!!! I saw The Tourist - with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp.
.
Friday morning, at the show Salut Bonjour, the movie critic Daniel Daignault just demolished the movie.  He kept saying bad things about it. I'll spare you these comments. I had enough of this BS, so I turned off the tv. and decided I would make my own mind about it.

Synopsis:
Frank (Depp) is an American tourist visiting Venice, Italy to mend a broken heart. Elise (Jolie) is a woman who crosses his path in order to mislead all those following her former lover, Alexander Pierce, a criminal wanted in fourteen countries who has stolen 2 billion from a gangster (Steven Berkoff) and is being pursued by an agent (Bettany). Through Elise, he is introduced to the posh lifestyle of elegant hotels and high society.
.
Here's the trailer:

So, here's what I thought about the movie:  
I loved it!!! 
I discovered how beautiful Venice is and I also enjoyed a magnificent Angelina Jolie (Elise Ward) wearing several haute-couture outfits. Just seeing her in these gowns and all, walking like a model - perfect body, impeccable face, luscious lips - that made my day!!!  Moreover, she had a British accent that was quite sexy!
.
Her partner, Johnny Depp (Frank Tupelo) was also really good in his role.  Funny, romantic, clownish and... 'American', Depp was completely at ease in this character.
.
I totally loved the technological aspect of this dramatic thriller.  All those gadgets they used to spy and to shed light on the mysteries are truly amazing.  I admit that the story doesn't have a huge Oscar screenplay, but who care?  There's a beginning, an intrigue, desire, technology, police officers and an end.  I think the storyline makes sense and I don't know why all the reviews I've read are so negative. 
 Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a happy person!!!  :-)
.
I read in the magazine 7 Jours, that a sensuous shower scene was deleted after Depp asked the production to do so.  Apparently, Vanessa Paradis, Depp's wife, would not appreciate seeing her husband rubbing himself against Jolie.
.
Finally, I think you should see the movie for beautiful Venice and those incredible actors (Jolie and Depp) who played together for the first time in The Tourist.

Rating: 9.5/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i just want to say hello to the community