Friday, March 11, 2011

Remember Me ?

Here's the last book I read: Remember Me ?  A book written by the wonderful Sophie Kinsella (author of the Shopaholic collection).

Synopsis (taken on Kinsella's official site)
Lexi wakes up in a hospital bed after a car accident, thinking it’s 2004 and she’s a twenty-five-year old with crooked teeth and a disastrous love life.But, to her disbelief, she learns it’s actually 2007 – she’s twenty-eight, her teeth are straight, she’s the boss of her department – and she’s married! To a good-looking millionaire! How on earth did she land the dream life??!

She can’t believe her luck – especially when she sees her stunning new home. She’s sure she’ll have a fantastic marriage once she gets to know her husband again. He’s drawn up a ‘manual of our marriage’, which should help.

But as she learns more about her new self, chinks start to appear in the perfect life. All her old colleagues hate her. A rival is after her job. Then a dishevelled, sexy guy turns up… and lands a new bombshell.

What the **** happened to her? Will she ever remember? And what will happen if she does?
 
I had so much fun reading this book. I was even caught more than a few times laughing my *** off by my boyfriend or his daughter.  It's a book that took me less than a week to read, which is quite 'unbelievable' for me - who's not a fast reader.  But Remember Me? is an awesome page-turner.  Of course, when we refer to Sophie Kinsella's books, it's chick-lit! I love chick-lit and I truly advise you to read this book.  Actually, I wish there was a sequel to it, because Lexi is quite a charming character!

1 comment:

Sednah said...

I've read it too, a while ago. I'm not a big fan of the shopaholic but I looooved Lexie Smart!